Purpose of the Job
The Logistics Coordinator is to manage the logistical requirements across his the region in order to support CADG operations. A large focus of this position will be the reviewing, vetting, and establishing local / regional procurement networks
- Liaise and collaborate with regional procurement officers and relevant managers in order to ensure that CADG logistic requirements are met; including regional acquisition, distribution, internal allocation, delivery and final disposal of resources.
- Develop and maintain positive business relationships with suppliers and sub-contractors to take advantage of sales opportunities and minimize overall costs.
- Monitor and coordinate supply chain operations to include inventory control, consolidated price listings across all CADG project sites, and distribution timelines.
- Manage the movement of goods (both into Africa and between countries) in order to maximize value and minimize costs.
- Develop and implement Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for the Logistics Department
- Provide timely logistical related reports to CADG Management and associated staff on a routine basis.
- Train, mentor, and supervise subordinate staff in the performance of their duties.
- Maintain oversight and track all logistical movements and commitments as well as maintain consolidated logistical expense report for all sites.
- Coordinate with Regional Procurement Offices and Finance to ensure the proper invoicing and reconciliations of all payments made to suppliers.
- Perform all other related tasks as may be assigned by CADG Management
Knowledge and Experience
- Degree/Diploma Holder in Logistics or Supply Chain Management
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Logistics and supply chain management
- Proactive and able to work independently in a highly entrepreneurial and multi-cultural environment
- Proven ability to coordinate logistical activities across multiple projects sites; coordinating logistical movements in multiple countries advantageous.
- Strong leadership and team building capabilities
- Professional proficiency in English; both written and verbal.
- Business level French is advantageous.
- Previous experience of working in West or Central Africa preferred
Construction and Logistics in the toughest places